Massage therapists treat clients by using touch to manipulate the muscles and other soft tissues of the body. With their touch, therapists relieve pain, help heal injuries, improve circulation, and relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general wellness of clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shiatsu Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Thai Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Reflexology Therapy Or any other type of massages
Other Responsibilities of the Massage Therapist
- Working at Afrina requires following the Rules & regulations and health & safety standards.
- Cooperate with colleagues by establishing team work and follow instruction from the line manager accordingly.
- Punctuality and attendance.
- Flexible to work for extended hours when required.
- Working in a beauty and spa industry mandates the therapist to stay on top of her/his own beauty and wellness. Working at Afrina requires following the standards of health, hygiene and grooming.
- Stay up-to-date on, knowledge and science related to human body and wellness.
- Participate in trainings and continuously practice in the free times.
- Time management, knowing how long will take to complete the services required.
- Working quickly and accurately in time-pressured conditions.
- Ability to multi task and willing to learn additional skills.
- Greet and welcome guests by name, to make them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Communicate well and through consultation clarify/confirm the previous medical history and required service with customer. Ensure and check any signs of skin/ body disorders or problems before the session by using the consultation form.
- Asses the customer’s body condition and offering recommendations for massage. Evaluate clients to locate painful or tense areas of the body.
- Manipulate muscles and other soft tissues of the body.
- Provide clients with guidance on stretching, strengthening, overall relaxation, and how to improve their posture.
- Must be able to engage clients with exemplarily customer service; appropriately recommend and discuss related treatments, products and services available.
- At all times up-sell other services and beauty products, when appropriate.
- Perform the service as required by the standard process of Afrina.
- Inform and order materials and equipment from inventory room punctually.
- Ensure and maintain clean work station.
- Prepare proper equipment and materials, etc.
- Ensure using sterilized, packed tools, disposable kits and etc.
- Participate in daily mangers meeting.
- Attend the staff monthly gathering/meeting and keep the information provided by the higher management in that meeting (for example: company strategy and marketing plans) confidential.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5 years of experience in the massage industry.
- Training certificates.
- Qualified in other beauty, spa or health skills.