Makeup Artists are beauty practitioners who use cosmetic techniques and processes to create beauty upon the human body. In its simplest form, it enhances a person’s appearance, bringing out colour , features and hiding or smoothing out flaws, using cosmetic products. They apply simple and complex makeup as required ensuring the needs of the client are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Skin Preparation before Make up
- Classic Day Make up
- Party Make up
- Bridal Make up
- Face paint / Cinema Make up
- Assist in applying and removing makeup and prosthetics
- Eyelash application if required
Other Responsibilities of the Makeup Artist
- Working at Afrina requires following the Rules & regulations and health & safety standards.
- Cooperate with colleagues by establishing team work and follow instruction from the line manager accordingly.
- Punctuality and attendance.
- Flexible to work for extended hours when required.
- Working in a beauty and spa industry mandates the Makeup artist to stay on top of her/his own beauty and wellness. Working at Afrina requires following the standards of health, hygiene and grooming.
- Stays up-to-date on, knowledge or trend of makeup.
- Creative mindset and artistic personality.
- Customer oriented with a proactive and positive attitude.
- Technical understanding of lighting, photography, styles, and dramatization.
- Participate in trainings and continuously practice in the free times.
- Time management, knowing how long will take to complete the services required.
- Working quickly and accurately in time-pressured conditions.
- Ability to multi task and willing to learn additional skills.
- Greet and welcome guests by name, to make them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Communicate well and through consultation clarify/confirm the required service with customer.
- Evaluating a customer’s skin condition and offering recommendations or treatments available at Afrina.
- Must be able to engage clients with exemplarily customer service; when appropriate recommend and discuss Make up / cosmetics, skin care products or services available at Afrina.
- At all times up-sell other services and all products available at Afrina.
- Perform the service as required by the standard process of Afrina.
- Inform and order materials and equipment from inventory room punctually.
- Ensure and maintain clean work station.
- Prepare proper equipment and materials, etc.
- Ensure using sterilized, packed tools, disposable kits and etc.
- Participate in daily mangers meeting.
- Attend the staff monthly gathering/meeting and keep the information provided by the higher management in that meeting (for example: company strategy and marketing plans) confidential.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5 years of experience in the makeup industry.
- Training certificates.
- Qualified in other beauty, spa or health skills.