Barbers are also known as hairdressers and they provide various services to primarily male clientele.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hair Cut and Trim
- Shave Trim and Shaping clients’ Beards and Moustache
- Wash, Conditioning and Style clients’ hair
- Provide Hair Treatments and Colouring
- Provide Face, Scalp and Neck Massages
- Provide Face Care and Facial Services
- Eyebrow and Face Threading
- Hair Perm
- Hair Keratin/ Straightening
- Hair Extension as :
- Hair Extension Tape
- Hair Extension Keratin/Nano-Glue
- Hair Clip in
- Hair Extension Stitching
- Hair Wig Fixing
- Hair Extension Removal
- Groom Services
Other Responsibilities of the Barber
- Working at Afrina requires following the Rules & regulations, health & safety standards and adhere to beauty canter/ club policies to ensure operational efficiency.
- Cooperate with colleagues by establishing team work and follow instruction from the line manager accordingly.
- Punctuality and attendance.
- Flexible to work for extended hours when required.
- Working in a beauty and spa industry mandates the Barber to stay on top of her/his own beauty and wellness. Working at Afrina requires following the standards of health, hygiene and grooming.
- Stays up-to-date on, latest development in hair styling and fashion industry or trend of hair techniques, procedures, treatments and aftercare.
- Participate in trainings and continuously practice in the free times.
- Assist junior barber/ stylists in their job duties when needed.
- Time management, knowing how long will take to complete the services required.
- Working quickly and accurately in time-pressured conditions.
- Ability to multi task and willing to learn additional skills.
- Greet and welcome guests by name, to make them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Communicate well and through consultation clarify/confirm the previous history and required service with customer. Ensure and check any skin, scalp and hair problems before the service by using the consultation form.
- Evaluating a customer’s hair and scalp condition and offering recommendations for treatments.
- Analyse facial features and recommend appropriate hair styles, cuts, trims, beard or moustache to customers.
- Perform hair shaping, curling, straightening, trimming, services as requested.
- Must be able to engage clients with exemplarily customer service; appropriately recommend and discuss hairstyle, cut, hair extension, keratin, perm or products and other services available.
- At all times up-sell other services and beauty products, when appropriate.
- Perform the service as required by the standard process of Afrina.
- Inform and order materials and equipment from inventory room punctually.
- Ensure and maintain clean work station.
- Prepare proper equipment and materials, etc.
- Ensure using sterilized, packed tools, disposable kits and etc.
- Participate in daily mangers meeting.
- Attend the staff monthly gathering/meeting and keep the information provided by the higher management in that meeting (for example: company strategy and marketing plans) confidential.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5 years of experience in the Barber industry.
- Training certificates.
- Qualified in other beauty, spa or health skills.